Bounce Rate and SEO (Search Engine Optimization), both are different. First one is related to analytics and second one is related to marketing and optimization. But they are related. How?
The current ‘MayDay update‘ focuses on quality of search. In simple words, making search results more accurate and useful for users. You can no longer use SEO tricks to meet higher ranking with poor content. You must have the magic to hold them.
What bounce rate shows? The visitors interest. And the search engines are the most important traffic source. If your bounce rate for search engine traffic is high, there is a need to fix it soon. Otherwise you are going to fail in search results.
So, how to fix it? These are the following things which can help.
1) Stop building links manually from non-related places. It takes almost no effort to hire someone from oDesk and Elance for cheap link building campaigns. He will do it by commenting at blogs and non-related forums.
Specify him to get links from related websites. Non-related websites links doesn’t provide good link juice. For every links from non-related websites, there should be a proper mention of the link destination. You may get lower CTR in this case but number of high quality visitors will increase.
2) Do some On-site optimization. Place related or useful information at the first paragraph or use bold letters or heading. It will hold the visitors and will help for quick peeking.
Make your landing page worth a look! Always use good colors with less distractions! Make things easier to read and easier to understand!
3) Focus more on Internal linking. Direct the visitors to resource pages present in website. Not suitable for typical sales pages but it offers more proof and increase the user engagement.
4) Fix the Bad ones . Tweak the pages where site has higher bounce rate. Make it more useful for particular set of visitors. For example, if 1000 people come to a page and 78% of them bounce, there is something wrong with them or your website. You can’t change their mood but you can try your best to provide good experience.
5) Is your design OK? It also helps in lowering the bounce rate. So, think about usability if content section is OK. Do it before Search Engine Optimization!
So, these things will help for decreasing bounce rate and will make your SEO campaign more successful.
Reply what do you think?