Are you unhappy with your sales? Do you think your shop has more selling potential?
If your answer is yes, then the article will help to get more sales quickly for your online shop.
Let me ask you a quick and simple question? How can you get more sales?
Sounds stupid, right? If you knew the answer then why you would be here.
But I’m sure that you know the basic of sales optimization.
You can get more sales when
- You’ve more visitors.
- A higher visitor-to-customer conversion rate.
- Customer Retention rate is high.
So for improving sales, you have to work on these three basic things. Stay tuned!
Note: If I say ‘Get more traffic’ one more time, you are going to punch me in the face. You are already bored with ‘how to get more traffic’ type articles. Right?
That’s why I’m not giving any SEO or social media tips here. And also, I’m not recommending you for Google AdWords or other paid channels. Even if they are useful, it’s beyond the topic covered here.
If you’re willing to get more sales quickly, then these are the steps.
- Remove any issues which stop people to buy
- Implement Up-Selling, Cross-Selling and distribute product feed
- Contact old or existing customer
- Turn every customer into promoter
We’ll work over them here. Now the time for action steps.
Are you still here? I mentioned the major points at start for skippers. Thanks God! You’re not of them and really serious about your sales.
Fix Conversion Rate
This alone is going to take hundred pages and hours. And even after that, there is no guaranty that it’ll be finished. So I leave the topic for experts.
These are the best resources for improving conversion rate. Follow these links, read them and get back here.
- CopyBlogger’s 101 Ways to Make More Sales Online
- Derek’s How to Get 1,000% More Sales Online
- GWO’s 25 Google Website Optimizer Tips for Better Product Pages
Notes- Conversion optimization is going to take good amount of time alone. So for quick results, I’ll suggest you to fix any usability or serious errors in your site and sale funnels first. When you’ve enough time and patience for testing, then do it.
Perform Up-Selling, Cross Selling and Product Feed Distribution
Up-Selling and Cross-Selling
There are multiple shopping platform which lack up-selling feature. Is your shopping platform/cart is one of them?
If you are nodding your head in yes, then hire a programmer to fix it now.
Up-Selling may help your sales for big time. You’ll have ‘bigger average order value’ than before.
If your shop doesn’t have this feature, then manually publish your product there. It’ll help for increasing your reach and return in more sales.
Product Feed Submission
Did you know that you can send your products to Google Merchants for free? It’s not very hard to rank in shopping results?
So, do the product feed submission now to multiple places like Google Merchants, Shopping.com, Shopzilla etc. Platforms like Bigcommerce automatically create the product feed, so you don’t have to do it manually. Check this option in your cart.
Time for remembering your old Pals
Did you know that chance of a sale is 5 time higher for existing customers than the new visitors?
I thought about putting customer Retention at first step of ‘Getting more sales Quickly’. It’s so damn effective. But before you do it, make the shopping experience for them better than before.
It’s time to contact you existing customers now.
You got their emails. You’ve their phone numbers. You have a list. Now take the following action.
- Segment your existing customers according to their ‘Latency Period (time between two events of a customer )’ or “Total Spending’ or their ‘Product Category Purchase’.
- Create customized emails for every user segments. Those customers who are big spenders or regular buyers, offer them fat discount coupons for their loyalty. Send updates about a new product in a specific group for those who bought the related/similar product.
- Always keep in touch with them. Don’t let them forget you!
You’ll need an Email Marketing service for it. If you don’t have one, Choose an Email marketing service.
Notes -You must have proper permission before you send promotional mails. Otherwise, be ready for hate words in return. And also please don’t bug them with lot of emails.
Additional resource: 10 Ways to Get More Sales From Existing Customers
OK. I admit it. Dropbox does the same and got its most users from using referral marketing.
Why Referral Marketing works?
If you’re still having trouble to find the answer, then let me answer it.
Everyone has a network now. They are connected with other using Email, Facebook, twitter etc. The chance of sharing a product is very high in the current social media age. Because people share everything these days. Even Color of their Poop too.
Got your answer? OK, then let’s learn how to do referral marketing easily.
- Ask for their kind words on their networks using email receipt (Thank-You emails), promotional emails or other mediums.
- Same as Dropbox style - By offering incentive for referring others. Use cool service like Referral candy.
Use any of the above methods for referral marketing. Share the results!
So it was all about getting more sales quickly. There are still methods or marketing channels for improving sales but they take more time. We’ll discuss them in future.
Now, Good luck for your Shop!
You can also subscribe for similar E-Commerce tips here.
Finally, Want to optimize your business? You’re welcome to Hire me.