I’m only including the Hosted or SaaS platforms here. The reason is very simple. They are good enough for Small Businesses. If you’ve a big brand or zillion of products, go for licensed platforms like Magento, osCommerce, Interspireetc.
Time starts now. Here we go!
From India? Read how to setup an eCommerce Store in India.
1) Choose Shopify if:
- Selling for the first time (It’s easiest and has more help docs)
- Need complete CMS (It has blog and page publishing too)
- Need Mobile Store (It has native App and it optimizes your store for mobiles)
- Needs lot of features (Third party integration and apps)
- Want a beautiful store (Great paid and free theme collection)
- Want a Unmetered Bandwidth (Publish and promote as much as you want)
- Transaction fee doesn’t bother you (Add Credit Card Processing Fee + 2% for Shopify for standard Plans)
- Looking for great support
Shopify: Plans start from $29/month.
2) Use Bigcommerce if:
- Looking for more features than any other platform
- You’ve Marketing Background and love to Test (Google Website Optimizer, VWO integration)
- Drag and Drop Interface
- No transaction fee
- Tight Mobile and Facebook commerce
Bigcommerce : Plans start from $24.95/month.
3) Select Magento Go if:
- Know about the Magneto and its power
- Love less expensive platform with great features
- Wants to sell in other countries (Payment Gateways and Shipping integration)
- Great Integration with many service
Magento Go: Plans start from $15/month.
There is still a very long list of Ecommerce Platform which are really good. But as I promised about 5 minutes, so I’m not including them here.
Not sure which Email Service you should use? Read my 5 minute guide for choosing an email marketing service.