No one has written about affiliate/referral campaigns targeting Indian retailers. So, I am adding my two cents here.
Note- I’ll be using a/r as a short-cut for Affiliate/Referral in this article.
You might be wondering if your business needs such campaigns. You’re already spending a good amount of money into different channels. You’re doing SEO, PPC, Re-marketing and Social marketing etc. Why invest time and resources in another marketing channel?
The answer is Yes. You do need a/r marketing campaign. If managed correctly, these campaigns might become an important asset.
- Total Number of Affiliates have increased by 42% in 2012.
- ‘Online Affiliate’ was voted #1 job of 2012 by a recent article from MSNBC.
- A referred customer has a 16% higher life-time value (LTV) according to The Wharton School Business.
- 83% of satisfied customers are willing to refer.
- Pay for performance model helps for controlling costs.
- More exposure and buzz helps brand to gain more recognition
An affiliate has financial motivation. He doesn’t know about the referred customers personally and uses a broadcasting medium to promote.
Referral marketing is based on the relationship between referrer and potential customers rather than financial motivation. A referrer recommends to his friends or family members using direct communication.
I’m not really sure about the exact number but these popular stores are benefiting from such campaigns.
And the list goes on.
There are a numbers of platforms/tools which can be used. Some of the businesses listed above use their custom software.
If you want to launch your own a/r campaign easily and quickly, you can use the services listed below.
ReferralCandy is a service which lets you create a referral marketing campaign. Plans starts from Rs 700/month and it integrates with almost every single ecommerce platform.
ReferralCandy Indian customers- Yatra & FersnPetals
iDevAffiliate is hosted software for Affiliate Marketing and it integrates with most of the carts/platforms. It also supports Indian currency and its licences are available from $99.
iDevAffiliate Indian Customer – Hostgator India
OMGPM is an affiliate network used by popular merchants. It seems to be most popular affiliate network solution present now.
OMGPM Indian Customers – BabyOYE
- Fix your Conversion Rate if you’re willing to use Affiliate campaign. Affiliates hate low converting websites.
- Test incentives and promotional materials to find out which drives more conversion
- Connect with affiliates/referrers at regular basis. Teaching them a bit about marketing will benefit both parties.
I hope the article helps. If you have any questions or something to add, please use the twitter link below or contact page.